Happy official summer!!! We are loving this sunshine, but the heatwave is really reminding us that we need to protect our skin so that we can have plenty of long, hot summers ahead of us. We just got in a new delivery of our favorite Hat Attacks and whether we are dressed up or dressed down, you will always find one of these on our pretty little heads!
While hats do a great job at protecting the scalp and face, we like to take it a step further just in case. These are our MUST HAVE sunscreens and sunglasses of the moment.
1. DVF Zoe Chainlink Oversized Glasses: DVF has done it again. We love the size and shape of these beauties!
2. Neutrogena Beach Defense: This little pocket sized sunscreen works in a BIG way. The stick glides over your face, offering you 50+ SPF.
3. Ray Ban Aviator Flash Lenses: We can not get over these glasses. The bright pop of color is perfect for summer and works perfectly even with a white tee and your favorite AG jeans!!
4. Loreal Advanced Suncare Silky Sheer BB Face Lotion: Not only does this lotion smell yummy, but it works as an BB Cream does, giving you a smooth complexion while giving you 50+ SPF.
What are your must haves for protecting your head in this hot, hot heat?
Like every other girl, we are obsessed with weddings. Everything from the fancy dresses to the beautiful bride to dancing the night away. What we don’t love? The stress that leads up to it as a wedding guest. What do you wear? What is appropriate to give as a gift? Here are some of our favorite ideas!!
Even if it is a little old fashioned, we won’t be breaking the “no white to a wedding” rule just to keep our mothers happy. If it is a city wedding, we try to stay classy and chic. Beach weddings are perfect for breaking out that maxi and sandal. Country weddings call for COLOR and fun patterns! These dresses are all wedding appropriate and can be found at Wish!
- Calypso Azen Dress $275
- DVF Oblixe Mini Wrap $375
- Trina Turk Leah Dress $266
- Milly Slim Sheath $398
If a couple went to all the trouble of tagging all of Pottery Barn and starting a registry, we highly advise sticking with that. But if the bride is one of your besties, we like the idea of getting her something special before the wedding, like these ideas!
- Pinch Provisions Minimergency Kits: These guys really have thought of everything. They have specific kits for brides, bridesmaids, grooms, groomsmen, MOBs and flower girls. This tiny kit is packed with things you never thought you might need, like bobby pins, stain remover, extra earring backs, hairspray and pain reliever. Have a really unprepared bride? This Bridetastic kit is packed with 101 emergency essentials!!
- Bar Cart: Get the newlyweds something they wouldn’t think about needing! This bar cart from Society Social is ADORABLE, plus you can custom color it to the couple’s liking. Don’t want to splurge? Go in with friends and deck out the cart!!
- Monogram ANYTHING: We would put a monogram on everything we own if it was possible. With a new last name, that’s a whole new monogram! Moon & Lola does the prettiest monograms in all colors and sizes.
- Margaret Elizabeth Bangles: Personally, we wear these every single day. They dress up even the simplest of outfits. But put the moonstone and aqua chalcedony together and it screams I’M GETTING MARRIED! This will be our first stop before we head to the altar.
We are crazy about Black & White at Wish! Bee, one of our favorite bloggers of Atlantic Pacific, has put together some amazing black and white ensembles over the past two weeks. It inspired us to show you our favorite pieces in this color palette currently in stock at Wish.
From Theory to DVF to Ella Moss and Muche et Muchette, these go to items will go the mile and take you from season to season. Now that white jeans are in the rotation it is the perfect time to incorporate black and white into your wardrobe. Come stop by soon to check out the other fabulous new arrivals! You won’t be disappointed. Have a great rest of your weekend! xo
Warby Parker x Effort Not Required!!!
Spring always brings a smile to our faces and we love when we are able to pull out our sunglasses and wander Boston aimlessly. We got introduced to Warby Parker about a year ago and have been huge fans since Day 1. The concept itself is awesome; for every pair of glasses purchased, they donate a pair to someone in need. They firmly believe in doing good. This year, we got the privilege to test drive their Summer Collection, themed Effort Not Required. After picking out our Top 5 favorites for the Home Try On, they arrived at our door 2 days later. We had a ton of fun playing in the Public Garden with Wish’s latest styles while rocking our favorite Warby Parker’s! Which do you love most?
Rebecca- Top: Trina Turk, Glasses: Warby Parker (Upton) Caitlin- Top: Theory, Glasses: Warby Parker (Crane)
Top: Alice + Olivia, Pants: Hudson, Bag: Annabel Ingall, Sunglasses: Warby Parker (Banks)
Top: Alice + Olivia, Sunglasses: Warby Parker (Banks)
Sweater: DVF, Jeans: AG Stilt Crops, Glasses: Warby Parker (Upton)
Jewelry: Margaret Elizabeth, Sunglasses: Warby Parker (Ormsby)
Dress: DVF, Glasses: Warby Parker (Crane)
Dress: DVF, Glasses: Warby Parker (Crane) **hi Pierre!**
Dress: Susana Monaco, Jewelry: Nyla Star, Sunglasses: Warby Parker (Raglan)
Dress: Susana Monaco, Sunglasses: Warby Parker (Raglan)
(photo credit to Taylor Pierce & Matthew Mues)
ST. PADDY’S DAY!
It isn’t easy being green…but it is easy to find ways to celebrate the holiday. We are sharing some of our favorite things about today. And let us take this moment to be cliché and say that we feel very LUCKY to have you reading our blog!! xoxo
If an Irish Car Bomb is a little too… Irish, and the thought of drinking green beer grosses you out, we’ve found the easiest, classiest, most perfect solution. Taryn from Formal Fringe made it as easy as pouring a glass full of your favorite bubbly and top it with a little Midouri (Japanese melon liqueur) and you’re all set!! Don’t leave the kids out—there’s nothing wrong with a little green food coloring mixed with sparkling cider! GENIUS. Full Recipe here
There are few things we won’t do for a Thin Mint. So when we found this idea from Shugary Sweets, we were all about it. Whatever you called it as a kid: Puppy Chow, Trash or Muddy Buddies, you surely have tried this… but did you ever put this spin on it? Trade the milk chocolate for MINT chocolate and add minty m&m’s and you’ve got yourself the best indulgence ever. Full Recipe here
- Pot of Gold Irish Potato Soup
If you weren’t hungry before, you will be after you see this. Clearly, the Irish have no concern about calories, so who are we to turn this down? Plus the little clover on top of the bowl is just adorable. While it may be a little time consuming, it sure does look worth it!! Full Recipe here
Although Diane is Belgian born, she sure does know how to make green look GOOD. Here are our favorite DVF Irish-themed pieces!!
You mean we get to freely ogle our favorite celebrities, scope out the latest fashion trends AND be at home in our pajamas?! Sign us up! The red carpet is by far our favorite part, where we get our first glimpse at the celebs in their beautiful gowns and tuxedos. But lately, social media has given us a whole new perspective on awards nights…. from a celebrity’s point of view. So we pulled our top 4 favorite looks along with our top 4 behind the scenes(or camera) moments!!
- Kristin Chenoweth (in Cavalli)- We already know that her voice is phenomenal but that dress!! She puts that silly gold statue to shame!
- Camila Alves (in Gabriela Cadena) with Matthew McConaughey (in Dolce & Gabanna): Talk about a drop dead couple! They give new meaning to the words effortlessly beautiful!
- Kate Hudson (in Atelier Versace): 360 degrees of pure heaven. But let’s be honest, Kate has had our hearts since Almost Famous.
- Emma Watson (in Vera Wang): On paper, a sleeveless, metallic sheer gown just doesn’t sound plausible. But to see Emma Watson walk down the red carpet….. wow. Hermione really has grown up!!
- Diane von Furstenberg’s selfie: Only DVF could make a selfie look this classy!
- Brad’s Pizza Party: I can just see him leaning over to Angelina and asking her to dial up Papa John…
- BREAKING NEWS: Thank you for clearing this up, Pharrell. We have been wondering that for WEEKS now… WHAT?
- The Selfie heard ’round the world: Talk about a billion dollar photo! (also- Bradley Cooper MUST know by now that he is a heartthrob right?)
Here is our latest look of the week at Wish Boutique! As usual, we offer 10% off any of the items in this look now through Sunday!
Joie Linen Blazer
Tibi Printed Silk Tank
Annabel Ingall Coral Tote
Ag Black Stilt Pants
Margaret Elizabeth Necklace
We also have a new delivery just in from DVF and Tibi! Stop by soon for the best selection. Have a wonderful day! XOXO
We have so many amazing new arrivals in at Wish this week just in time for Mother’s Day!!!
For those of you looking for some new baubles come check out our fabulous jewelry from Margaret Elizabeth!
Earrings $65 Each
Necklaces $110 each
We also received gorgeous new dresses and tops from DVF!
Lastly, we still have a few Annabel Ingall totes left in stock! If you are interested, make sure to stop by or give us a call soon!
Have a fabulous weekend! XOXO