We all need a break, especially in the summer. The city starts to empty out, but we have found ourselves stuck, with work or children or hectic schedules preventing us from a getaway. But who says we need to actually go anywhere to have a little fun? We are sharing some of our FAVORITE getaway spots and activities with YOU, along with a few Wish items to help complete your great escape!
1. Ella Moss Tali Maxi Dress- $188: We have this gorgeous maxi in Olive & Black and just love how comfy it is!
2. Milly Strapless Linen Dress- $295: Because nothing is better than chic AND chambray!
3. Joie Marcher Top- $188: Perfect for a warm evening roaming our beloved Boston
4. Buji Baja Beach Throw- $50: These aren’t JUST for the beach! Throw it in your bag for a picnic in the park.
1. Summer time and the living is EASY. Eat outside, kick your shoes off, stay awhile!! Lay out your Buji Baja beach throw and people watch in Public Garden. We are also huge fans of Central Bottle, where $75 gets you a picnic basket full of charcuterie and wine or beer!
2. Craving a little Vitamin D but have no time to drive to the Cape? We like to sneak away to Carson Beach to take a dip and play a little bocce. INSIDER TIP: The Tasty Burger nearby will deliver right to your towel…. SHH
3. Our parents taught us to expand our cultural horizons in the summer so our brains don’t turn to mush. So we are always seeking out a good festival, where learning and fun can happen together… who knew? This summer, you can definitely find us at Chefs in Shorts (June 20th in Seaport), WGBH Craft Beer Festival (July 12th in Brighton) and the August Moon Festival (August 10th in Chinatown).
4. Is there anything better than a cool dip on a hot summer day? We love hanging out on the Rooftop at Revere Hotel, where the swimming is indoors but the dining is outdoors. We also love the evening atmosphere at The Colonnade, where you can swim until midnight on the weekends!!